Building Skills – Box House
If you’re looking for a great activity to do with your child, consider building a box house. There are a number of skills your child can learn from creative play with a cardboard box.
Fine Motor Skills
- Building small pieces of furniture
- Ripping small pieces of paper
- Develops abstract thinking
- Using an imaginative family to represent a real family
Social and Emotional Skills
- Acting out who is living in the box and what they are doing in the house
- Provides release of emotions for children
- Connects real family and imaginative family
- Building a structure with others
- Using cooperative language
Creating a space for living too small for a real person opens imaginative play.
If you’re looking for a good use for those old cardboard boxes and a way to entertain and delight your child, consider building box houses with them.