Make It – Simple Boat for Rainy Days
With all the rain we get around Sandy, activities that embrace the rain are in high demand. These simple sail boats are a great way to use everyday items from around the house and get you outdoors even when the weather isn’t ideal.
- A wide plastic lid (like the lid from a margarine tub)
- A drinking straw
- Construction paper
- Kids’ scissors
- A hole punch
- Crayons, markers, and/or stickers
- A small wad of play dough
- Cut a triangle from a piece of construction paper – this will be your sail.
- Decorate the sail with crayons, markers, and/or stickers.
- Punch three holes along one side of the triangle.
- Weave a drinking straw (the boat’s mast) through the holes.
Put a small wad of molding clay on the inside of the lid. Push the end of the drinking straw into the clay.
Now, go sail your boat in the bounding seas.