Valentine Craft – Crayon Heart Sun Catchers
Are you looking for a fun and easy Valentine craft to do at home with your little one? Crayon melt sun catchers are a great choice! They make pretty decorations and are fun to give out as Valentine cards.
What You’ll Need
- Waxed paper
- Crayon sharpener
- Iron and ironing board
- Paper bag or craft paper
- Thread (optional)
- Take a sheet of wax paper and fold it in half.
- Unfold the sheet.
- Place crayon shavings from the sharpener evenly on one side of the wax paper (try not to pile them on too thickly).
- Fold the clean half of the wax paper back over the shavings.
- Place your craft paper or paper bag on your ironing board to protect the board from wax and then place the wax paper shaving sandwich on top of it.
- Place another paper bag or craft paper on top to protect your iron.
- Iron on medium eat until crayon shavings have melted completely (check every few passes).
- Let it cool.
- Trace a heart shape on the melted shavings sandwich and cut it out.
- String a thread through the heart for hanging.
You can use any color shavings you’d like. And, use different shapes for different holidays. When you hang these in front of a window, they make pretty, colorful displays.