Paper Plate Turkeys
Looking for a simple Thanksgiving activity to do with your little one to celebrate Thanksgiving? How about a paper plate turkey?
What You’ll Need
- Paper plate
- Construction paper
- Googly eyes
- Paint or markers
- Paint the paper plate brown and set aside to dry.
- Cut feather shapes out of the construction paper. You’ll need 2-3 feathers of each color.
- Cut a small triangle out of orange construction paper for a beak.
- Cut a small peanut shape out of red construction paper for a waddle.
- Cut two feet out of orange construction paper.
- Tape the feathers onto the back of the paper plate.
- Glue the eyes, beak, waddle, and feet to the front of the paper plate.
There are many variations you can do with this project. For example, have your child tell you something they are thankful for and write it on each feather of the turkey. You can also add glitter or use things found in nature like leaves to accent your turkey.
This is a fun and easy activity for your little one. Enjoy!