Make It – Pine Cone Bird Feeder
These pine cone bird feeders are a great craft to do with kids. And, they’ll be delighted watching the bird partake of their snack.
What You Need
- A large, open pine cone
- Vegetable shortening or smooth peanut butter
- Bird seed
- A few feet of string or ribbon
- Paper plate
How to Make It
- Tie a few feet of string to a pine cone.
- Cover the pine cone with the vegetable shortening or peanut butter.
- Roll the pinecone in the bird seed on the paper plate.
You could also add dried fruit (chopped up), chopped nuts, seeds (especially sunflower and millet), and/or suet, which are high-energy bird foods.
Birds will love the treat and your kids will love that they helped create it.